Market Update 21/07/2016
Where have all the listings gone?
I think I have already used this line in an earlier update this year but we are certainly in the midst of the most undersupplied market I have seen for the past twenty years.
As I have said previously the most basic rudimentary measure I use to determine the mood of the market is to simply log on to one of the real state portals and see exactly how many homes in total (across all categories and price ranges) are available in a specific suburb.
From doing this over many years I have found an average number of properties would be 80-100 for Marrickville, 50-60 for Dulwich Hill and 15-20 for Hurlstone Park. Those numbers would represent a healthy market where the percentage of properties advertised to the overall number of existing dwellings was around the 1% mark.
If you look today online you will see the following figures :
Marrickville - 36
Dulwich Hill - 32
Hurlstone Park - 9
On a positive note we can report the following fantastic properties will be hitting the market in the coming weeks :
- 24 Jersey Street, Marrickville : 2 B/R fully refurbished freestanding Federation home
- 293 Old Canterbury Road, Dulwich Hill : 4-5 B/R two storey Californian Bungalow + 2 Bath & 2 x LUG
- 13 Mill Street, Hurlstone Park : 2 B/R original Period Semi + rear lane access
- 4/55 Garnet Street, Dulwich Hill : 2 B/R Townhouse + Carport & sunny garden
- 5/60 Arthur Street, Marrickville : 1 B/R Unit + registered car space
- 17/22 Ness Avenue, Dulwich Hill : 2 B/R Unit + balcony, car space & Golf course views
- 15/27 Pile Street, Marrickville : 2 B/R Security Unit + balcony & car space
- 35/6 Williams Parade, Dulwich Hill : 2 B/R Security Apartment + balcony & LUG
If you’d like more information, keep an eye out on our Facebook page as we will be providing sneak previews there before they go live on the web. Simply click here To like our page.
That's it from me. have a great weekend and I'll see you next Thursday.