Sydney Housing Market Update 17/08/2017
Following on from last week’s message regarding our fundraising for the “Color Run” this weekend, I thought you might like to know a bit more about what we also do in the local community.
My parents Peter & Christine Dendrinos taught my sisters and I at an early age that if you are in the fortunate position in life to be able to help others it is something you should embrace and enjoy.
Our office, as a result, has assisted the following organisations in the past twelve months:
- Starlight Foundation: $2,900 raised from our Spring Selling Campaign
- Cancer Council: $9,000 from our Biggest Morning Tea
- Marrickville Golf Club: $2,000 Major Sponsor
- Marrickville Lawn Tennis Club: $2,000 Major Sponsor
- Canterbury Primary School: $2,000 Bi-Annual Fete Major Sponsor
- Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal: raised over $30,000
- Newington Boys College: $1,980 Golf Day Sponsor for Mental Health Fund
In addition to this my work as the Chairman of Youth Services for the Marrickville Rotary Club has seen the following outcomes for the area :
- Marrickville West Primary School: $4,000 donation towards construction of new playground asphalt & seating
- Casimir Catholic College: $1,500 Scholarship for Year 10 Student Anh Nguyen
- Wilkins Primary School: Mini-iPad donation to Youth Services Award Winning student Manar Al Thumairi
- Phillip Chan (Marrickville resident): $1,800 sponsorship as Australian delegate to the APEC Youth Forum in Lima, Peru.
- Sierra Classen (Hurlstone Park resident): $795 sponsorship to attend Rotary Youth Leadership Award Program
We are also exploring new opportunities to assist many other students and schools in the local area, particularly those in most need.
Sometimes in our industry in the pursuit of securing top sales and leasing results for our clients, we can lose sight of the bigger picture. I find by helping such richly deserving causes and individuals, especially children, it helps to remind myself and our staff of our place in the community.