SOLD $1,670,000 - $120K OVER RESERVE - ANDREW KNOX 0425 230 650
A Grand Old Residence of Yesteryear c.1909
Expansive double fronted Federation era home situated on the corner of the very prestigious David Street, Marrickville s most sought after residential address.
This grand property offers 581 square metres of level land (13.5,13.8 x 45.8,42.7) and provides a number of potential possibilities. Right in the hub of Marrickville's shopping and restaurant precinct this home is very conveniently located with an abundance of quality private and public schools available to you and all the natural attractions Marrickville and the Inner West have to offer on your doorstep.
The home offers:
- 4 huge double bedrooms; One bedroom features en-suite bathroom; built-in robes
- Wide hallway entrance
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 sunrooms that could combine to create office space or even additional bedrooms
- Many and varied old world features including high ornate ceilings, federation skirting boards, lead light windows and a marble fire place in the formal living room
- Main formal living room has a grand old-world charm and the perfect venue for lavish parties and gatherings
- Fully functional open plan kitchen with gas cooking and dining area.
- Lounge/ family room at the rear of the property leading to an undercover patio
- Sunny and grassy back garden with lots of privacy with its high brick wall on the David Street side of the property; security gates.
- Lock up garage with a mezzanine floor providing extra storage possibilities plus an additional 2 car carport all with side entry from David Street
The property during its previous ownership functioned for many years as a doctor's surgery and would again have potential for this or similar usage. There are similar properties from the same era on Marrickville Road that are currently being altered for multiple occupancy or strata development and there may be potential for this (STCA).
This grand home is in need of renovation and would provide a wonderful opportunity for the young family to restore the property back to its once former glory and enjoy for many years to come.
Andrew Knox 0425 230 650