AUCTION - ANDREW KNOX 0425 230 650 | RICHARD PERRY 0418 863 969
In harmony within its surroundings, this true classic double fronted Federation home is set upon a traditional 556 square metres of level land with a side driveway leading to a lock up garage. Wide and very private rear gardens is matched within a quiet family neighbourhood on one of Marrickville's premier tree lined streets. Houses here are tightly held and cared for, and this family residence offers huge opportunity for renovation with endless potential within its current floor plan, whilst plenty of scope to extend outwards onto this very deep block (STCA) with plenty of land left over to please any family's needs.
Happily, much of the old-world Federation charm is retained in this home, from its high ornate ceilings, picture rails, architraves and down to the timber skirting boards beholds an opportunity to pick up the carpets and expose those classic timber boards. A wide reception entry is set back from streetscape by a tessellated tiled front pathway sheltered under a classic veranda.
This cherished family residence boasts:
- Four massive bedrooms, easily changed to a 5-bedroom home with en-suite if desired
- Solid brick home throughout noting fine timber floors protected by carpet just waiting to be polished, classic borrowed light windows and high ornate ceilings
- Wide reception entry and hallway, leading to a traditional and interchangeable floorplan
- Very large separate formal lounge area & entertainment room for all family occasions
- Enormous family sized kitchen area needing an update, features an open-plan breakfast area
- Two full sized bathrooms one of them recently renovated, full sized bathtub & separate shower
- A dedicated downstairs laundry room, plus an abundant amount of subfloor access that may have scope for additional renovations (STCA), workshop or endless storage possibilities with an additional W.C.
The back garden with its enormous depth lends itself to the ability (STCA) to add a 2nd residence or teenager retreat and with that you would still have a large expansive garden in which to landscape or create an oasis for family fun and entertaining. This level block would also lend itself to the possibility of adding an in-ground swimming pool.
This grand home can be whatever you need and more. It's a short walk to Marrickville West Public School, Marrickville's restaurant and cafe culture, while having easy access to the Sydney CBD via two train stations, Marrickville and Dulwich Hill plus the light rail network. A truly great location close to the Cooks River reserve with its parklands, cycling tracks and playing fields as well as the Marrickville Golf Course.
A family home like this in a highly desirable part of Marrickville rarely comes on to the market, inspect today!
Andrew Knox 0425 230 650
Richard Perry 0418 863 969
* Disclaimer: Furniture within the property is not included in the sale, some images displayed have been digitally staged to give an artist's impression of how you could live.